What are the qualifications of a Grace Group Leader?
- One who puts their faith and trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior
- One who has a consistent, growing relationship with Jesus as a disciple
- One who is in the process of completing the Grow Through G.R.A.C.E. classes and has completed the One to One book
- One who believes and lives the mission and values of Grace Bible Church Pearlside
- One who engages in fulfilling the Great Commission to “go and make disciples”
- The heart of a Grace Group Leader is to L.E.A.D.
What should be the motivation of a Grace Group Leader?
- To love God and love others
- “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’” (Matthew 22:37)
- To serve God and give Him glory in everything they do
- Jesus came to serve and not be served. His desire was to give glory to God, His Father. “...just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45)
- Because leadership is a calling, we do not serve for a title, position, or performance, but as a lifestyle as a servant of God.
- “...have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.” (Philippians 2:5-7)
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Grace Group Leader?
- Must be consistently growing in relationship with Jesus through personal spiritual disciplines and by attending Grace Group and service regularly
- Co-leads with Apprentice with the goal of branching or planting a Grace Group within a year
- Meets regularly with Apprentice to “Grow and Go” by processing personal health/growth and the Grace Group’s health/growth
- Leads Grace Group into serving in a volunteer ministry
- Attends monthly Leadership Group meetings and periodic Summits
- Reports weekly attendance to Coach using the following categories: (e.g., 3c2 = three people in the “Circle 2” category)
- Circle 1 - a "saved" person who regularly attends the Grace Group
- Circle 2 - a "saved" person who inconsistently attends the Grace Group
- Circle 3 - a "seeker" who is not yet "saved," but attends the Grace Group
What should a Grace Group Leader do to P.R.E.P. for a meeting?
- Preview the week’s Grace Group Discussion Guide before the meeting to become familiar with the content
- Recognize possible points of emphasis and also points that may need clarification
- Examine your life for examples to share
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus and glorify God through the discussion and meeting
- What information, insights, or challenges regarding the Grace Group Leader stood out to you? Why?
- In regards to L.E.A.D., which do you feel comfortable doing? Why? Which do you feel challenged in? Why?
- What other questions do you have regarding Grace Group Leadership?
- L2L Exercise (optional): Do the P.R.E.P. exercise for the week’s Grace Group Discussion Guide together.